What kind of devices are supported?
VirtualTablet requires devices with “pressure sensitive stylus pen with hover mode”. As far as we know these functionalities only available with Wacom Digitizer Stylus technology (Samsung Galaxy Note series and most of Windows Tablets are based on this technology).
Usually capacitive touch pens don’t support pressure sensitivity and hover mode, even though it seems like ‘stylus pen’. These capacitive touch pens, usually having large round rubber pen tip, are just same as using your finger. You can draw with your finger or capacitive touch pens in Android app, however, pressure sensitivity will not work.
List of supported devices with pressure sensitivity
- Galaxy Note series (Galaxy Note 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, Note 8.0, Note 10.1, Note 12.2, etc)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A & S Pen
- General Mobile E-TAB 5
- few ASUS tablets
- Windows Tablet (MS Surface, Slate 7, ATIV, ASUS Eee Slate, etc.)
Please report us if you find any other supported devices which are not listed above.
List of devices with NO pressure sensitivity
- Galaxy Tab without S Pen
- LG G Pad, G3 stylus
- ASUS tablets
- Nexus Tablets (Nexus 7, 10)
- HP TouchPad
- other usual tablets & smart phones.